On February 29th, 2012, I spent 24 hours in Disneyland. Almost. Kinda. It was probably closer to 20 hours. I was able to do this because, in honor of Leap Day, Disneyland stayed open from February 29th at 6:00 AM to March 1st at 6:00 AM. It was exciting and busy and poorly managed and exhausting. There was even an episode of Modern Family being filmed in the park that day which added a little extra madness. I loved it.
I told myself that if Disneyland ever offered a 24 hour day again, I would do it right and stay the entire time. Welp… it has happened. Disney is doing another All-Nighter on May 24th.
Here’s the announcement video:
Of course… I flipped out. My wife, Heather, noticed that I flipped out and said I should go.
I did not argue.
She’s not going with me because we’re house sitting for my parents and one of us has to actually do that. I feel kinda bad about leaving her back in Arizona to watch a house while I go to Disneyland, but she really seems to want me to go… cuz she’s awesome and she loves me. Weirdo.
I guess I don’t feel sooooo bad because I’m not going to be able to visit California as much once I start bartending as I’ll be working on weekends and not making as much money for a while. It sucks that I won’t be able to visit my favorite place on Earth (hint… IT’S DISNEYLAND) for a long while, but it’s worth it to not have to work where I work now.
Anyhoo! Yeah. Solo Disneyland for 24 hours.
I’m not really making plans or anything. I’m just going to take it easy. Until the Mad T Party starts. Because I won’t be taking it easy at the Mad T Party. I will be “dancing”.
Oh yeah! Last time, it was only Disneyland that was open for the 24 hours. This time… both parks!!! I am seriously so excited about being on Buena Vista Street in the early morning hours. Should be quite magical.
DJ Adam’s Muzak Pix Volume 100 Special (24 Hours in Disneyland) Edition!
I have been making these silly DJ Adam’s Muzak Pix mixtape CDs since high school. I believe the first few were mostly Ska music. I know… awesome. I’m not actually on my 100th volume. I skip numbers all the time. I have probably done about 40-50 actual mixtapes. Whatever. They’re MY muzak pix so I get to make the rules.
This particular volume happens to be five whole CDs. Each one contains 20 awesome songs. Get it? Volume 100 has 100 songs? Yeah… I’m really clever. I know.
Even made an album cover. Snazzy, huh?
So, this is what I will be listening to on my way to and from California.
Disc One – “Just a Bunch of Damn Good Music!”
- Wouldn’t It Be Nice – The Beach Boys
- Stars (Russell Crowe) – Les Miserables
- Normal Like You – Everclear
- Changes – David Bowie
- Section 12 (Hold Me Now) – The Polyphonic Spree
- Somebody That I Used To Know (Feat. Kimbra) – Gotye
- Falling in Love (Is Hard on the Knees) – Aerosmith
- Just Give Me A Reason (Feat. Nate Ruess) – Pink
- I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams – Weezer
- Larger Than Life – Backstreet Boys
- Stand and Deliver – Adam & the Ants
- Dancin’ – Xanadu
- Venus And Mars / Rockshow – Paul McCartney and Wings
- Little Baby Pines – SUNBEARS!
- All I Want for Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey
- Bitch – Meredith Brooks
- Boys (Summertime Love) – Sabrina
- The Way – Fastball
- The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Variations on a Shaker Hymn) – Weezer
- Something To Sing About – Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Disc Two – “Hey. Guess What. This Music is Also Really Damn Good!”
- The Suburbs (Continued) – Arcade Fire
- I’m Calling – The Polyphonic Spree
- PopLove (2012) – Robin Skouteris
- The Sign – Ace of Base
- Never Gonna Give You Up – Rick Astley
- Tribute – Tenacious D
- Creep – Radiohead
- A Million Ways – OK Go
- Summerland – Everclear
- Die Young – Ke$ha
- El Scorcho – Weezer
- The Promise – When in Rome
- Boo Bop Bopbop Bop - Pete’s Dragon
- Eight Days A Week – The Beatles
- Words – The Monkees
- If We Ever Meet Again – Katy Perry
- Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes) – Edison Lighthouse
- Gemini (Birthday Song) – Why?
- Born To Die – Lana Del Rey
- Pop Danthology 2012 – Daniel Kim
Disc Three – “It’s Time to Boogie!”
- Minimum Wage – They Might Be Giants
- United State of Pop 2007 – DJ Earworm
- United State of Pop 2008 – DJ Earworm
- United State of Pop 2009 – DJ Earworm
- United State of Pop 2010 – DJ Earworm
- United State of Pop 2011 – DJ Earworm
- United State of Pop 2012 – DJ Earworm
- Open Arms – Journey
- Body Work – Tegan and Sara
- Tubthumping – Chumbawamba
- Nostrand – Ratatat
- 19-2000 (Soulchild Remix) – Gorillaz
- Warrior – Kimbra
- Lights – Ellie Goulding
- So What – Pink
- I Believe In A Thing Called Love – The Darkness
- Le Disko – Shiny Toy Guns
- Cameo Lover – Kimbra
- Get Lucky (Feat. Pharrell Williams) – Daft Punk
- C’mon – Ke$ha
Disc Four – “The First Song is Smooth. Yes. That Song From the 90s. What More Could You Want?”
- Smooth (Feat. Rob Thomas) – Santana
- Chiquitita – Abba
- Do It With a Rockstar – Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra
- Christmas at the Zoo – The Flaming Lips
- Lovefool – The Cardigans
- Marian the Librarian – The Music Man
- Hello, My Treacherous Friends – Ok Go
- The Night Before – The Beatles
- Golden Years – David Bowie
- I Got Life – Hair
- Be Calm – fun.
- Oops!… I Did It Again – Britney Spears
- Frogs – The Flaming Lips
- Trapper Song – Cannibal! The Musical
- The Mesopotamians – They Might Be Giants
- California Girls – David Lee Roth
- Santa Monica – Everclear
- Young Turks – Rod Stewart
- Kara Remembers – Battlestar Galactica
- Section 17 (Suitcase Calling) – The Polyphonic Spree
Disc Five – “We’re Too Excited to Sleep!”
- The Suburbs – Arcade Fire
- The Good Life – Weezer
- Semi-Charmed Life – Third Eye Blind
- Daydream Believer – The Monkees
- The Middle – Jimmy Eat World
- Blow Me (One Last Kiss) – Pink
- Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes – Jimmy Buffett
- Lovers In Captivity – Ima Robot
- We Are Young (Feat. Janelle Monáe) – fun.
- Home – Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
- Space Mountain (Current Version) – Disneyland
- Get Over It – Ok Go
- Across The Sea – Weezer
- The Good That Won’t Come Out – Rilo Kiley
- Rubber Biscuit – The Blues Brothers
- Why Don’t We Get Drunk – Jimmy Buffett
- Do You Realize?? – The Flaming Lips
- My Love – The Bird and the Bee
- You’ve Got A Friend In Me – Randy Newman
- I Was A Fool – Tegan and Sara
BEST. MUSIC. EVER.